Allwinner Technology, a leader in SoC design, collaborates with Google Cloud, helps businesses unlock insights from global device networks
Zhuhai, September 27, 2017 —Allwinner Technology today announced support for the public beta of Google Cloud IoT Core, a fully managed service on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to securely connect and manage IoT devices at scale. Cloud IoT Core is now publicly available to all users in beta, including new features and pricing plan.
With Cloud IoT Core, businesses can easily connect and centrally manage millions of globally dispersed IoT devices. When used as part of the broader Google Cloud IoT solution, it can ingest all IoT data and connect to Google Cloud’s state of the art analytics services including Cloud Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Bigtable, BigQuery, and Machine Learning.
Foxconn (BPI M64-R18) and PINE64 already have products available based on Allwinner R18 for developers to try.
Key features of the new Cloud IoT Core solution:
● End-to-end security: Enable end-to-end security using certificate-based authentication and TLS; devices running Android Things or ones supporting the Cloud IoT Core security requirements can deliver full stack security.
● Out-of-box data Insights: Use downstream analytic systems by integrating with Google Big Data Analytics and ML services.
● Serverless infrastructure: Scale instantly without limits using horizontal scaling on Google’s serverless platform.
● Role-level data control: Apply IAM roles to devices to control access to devices and data.
● Automatic device deployment: Use REST APIs to automatically manage the registration, deployment and operation of devices at scale.
“The combination of Google’s Cloud IoT Core with Allwinner’s hardware, delivers secure, analytical and remote management capabilities to our partners in real time without the requirement for additional resources. We are confident this inclusion will bring more flexibility and allow products to be managed and scaled more efficiently in the future,” said VP Jack Lee at Allwinner Technology.
“With Allwinner Service broadly available to customers on IoT Core, customers can gain visibility into new operational data and optimize for change in real-time,” said Adam Massey, Director, Strategic Technology Partners, Google Cloud. “Together with Allwinner Technology, we are striving to make it easier to connect, manage, and drive real business value from IOT devices.”
For more information about Allwinner’s R18 SoC please visit http://www.sicpaintball.com/index.php?c=market&a=index#section1. Foxconn (BPI M64-R18) and PINE64 already have products available based on R18 for developers to try. Please visit https://www.pine64.org/?product=pine-a64-lts and http://www.banana-pi.org/m64.html